If you’re considering a move to Arizona, here are some important things you should know:
- Climate: Arizona is known for its hot and dry climate. Summers can be scorching with temperatures regularly exceeding 100°F, while winters are mild and pleasant with temperatures averaging around 60°F. The state also experiences occasional monsoon rains during the summer months.
- Cost of living: The cost of living in Arizona is generally lower than many other states in the United States. However, it can vary depending on the city you choose to live in. Cities like Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tucson tend to have higher costs of living compared to smaller cities and towns.
- Job opportunities: Arizona’s economy is diverse and offers job opportunities in various fields such as healthcare, technology, tourism, and education. The state is home to several Fortune 500 companies and major employers, including Intel, Boeing, and Banner Health.
- Outdoor activities: Arizona has some of the most breathtaking natural scenery in the United States, including the Grand Canyon, Sedona’s Red Rocks, and the Sonoran Desert. The state is also known for its hiking and biking trails, golf courses, and water activities.
- Culture and entertainment: Arizona has a vibrant cultural scene, with numerous museums, art galleries, and music venues. The state is also home to major sports teams such as the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, and Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Transportation: Arizona is well-connected with several major highways, including the I-10, I-17, and I-40. The state also has several airports, including Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Tucson International Airport, and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.
- Education: Arizona has several excellent universities, including Arizona State University, University of Arizona, and Northern Arizona University. The state also has a strong public education system with several top-rated school districts.
Overall, Arizona is a great place to live for those who enjoy warm weather, outdoor activities, and a diverse economy. However, it’s important to consider the cost of living, climate, and job opportunities before making a decision to move.
Hit the Maricopa County link before you decide where you want to look!